Chocolate sponge biscuit
Prepare 2 rings with a diameter of 14-16cm (5.50-6.30 inch).
- Whip the eggs with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the sour cream and vegetable oil, and mix.
- Sift the dry ingredients, and add to the egg-cream mass. Mix gently.
- At the very end, add boiling water. Mix well.
- Pour the dough into rings. Bake at 356F (180C) until done.
- Cool the finished biscuit, wrap in cling film, and refrigerate for at least 6-8 hours.
- Then cut each biscuit in half. In total, we get 4 biscuits.
- Dissolve cocoa and sugar in hot milk.
- Cool the liquid, and soak the biscuits.
- Heat the cream until light steam, and pour over chocolate. Mix until smooth.
- Add butter, and mix well.
- Blend with an immersion blender if necessary.
Can be stored in the fridge for stabilization, or used immediately.