- Mix the egg, water and salt.
- Add the flour in several passes (you may need it more or less), and knead the dough. When kneading in the bowl gets hard, transfer the dough to the table with flour, and knead until it stops sticking to your hands.
- Wrap the dough with cling film, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into 4 parts. Roll each into a "sausage", and divide into equal pieces.
- Form a circle, and lay out the filling.
- Cook vareniki in salted water for 5-7 minutes after they come up the surface.
Serve immediately, with butter and sour cream.