Vanilla sponge biscuit
- The calculation is for a 16cm (6.30 inch) sponge biscuit.
- Whip the eggs at the maximum mixer speed, and add sugar in 3-4 passes. ⠀
- Reduce the mixer speed to minimum; add the butter and milk, and stir.
- Add the flour and baking powder in 3-4 passes, and then pour the boiling water into the dough. Mix.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions, and bake the sponge biscuit in the oven at 160-170C (320-338F) for 30-40 minutes.
- Mix the sugar, milk, cornstarch and egg, and place the mixture in a water bath.
- Stir constantly, and cook well until thick.
- Remove the mass from the water bath, and add the coconut flakes.
- Cool the mass.⠀
- Whisk the cream until firm peaks, and mix it with the coconut mixture.
Melt the chocolate and butter separately, and stir.
Add the condensed milk and coconut flakes.
Transfer the mass to a 14cm (5.51 inch) mold, and refrigerate.
Melt the chocolate, add the waffle crumbs and almonds, and stir quickly.
Assemble the cake following such an order: sponge biscuit - cream - cream rim - crunchy layer - sponge biscuit - cream - cream rim - Raffaello filling - sponge biscuit - cream - cream rim - cruispy layer - sponge biscuit.