- Combine the egg, sugar, vanilla sugar, starch, and mix.
- Pour warm milk; put on medium heat, and cook until thickened, stirring all the time.
- Add the butter.
- Set the mass aside, and cover with cling film.
All ingredients must be at room temperature.
- Beat the eggs with a pinch of salt and sugar.
- Separately sift the flour with cocoa and baking powder.
- Add vegetable oil, milk, flour mixture to the eggs, and mix gently.
- Pour the batter into a mold with a diameter of 20-22cm.
- Spread the filling in the middle in a circle, leaving small bumps from the batter. It is convenient to do this with a pastry bag, but you can also use a spoon.
- Bake the cake at 356F (180C) for 40 minutes.
- Let it cool on a wire rack, and free from the mold.
- Glaze the cooled cake with chocolate icing.
- To do this, melt the chocolate and mix in the vegetable oil until the required fluidity.
- Draw a chocolate grid.
This ring cake is better stored in the fridge.
Take it out 30 minutes before serve.