butter at room temperature
instant dry yeast
- Beat the butter with sugar until light and fluffy for 5-7 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing each time until smooth.
- Add the yeast, vanilla extract, warm milk and zest. Mix again.
- Gradually introduce flour, candied fruits and chopped nuts. Knead until the dough is smooth, about 5-7 minutes.
- Cover the dough with a film and let it rise for 1-1.5 hours.
- Grease the baking tin with butter and dust with flour. Pour the dough, level it.
- Bake in the oven preheated to 356F (180C) for 45-60 minutes. Check the readiness with a toothpick. If it starts to burn, cover with foil. Focus on your experience with the oven.
- Take the cake out of the oven, and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the soaking syrup. Put sugar, orange juice and water in a saucepan, heat on the stove until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and add rum.
- Pierce the finished cake with a toothpick in several places, and first soak it with half a portion of the syrup, and in 20 minutes with the rest of it.
- Garnish to taste before serving. I had powdered sugar.