Carrot sponge cake
- Whip the eggs and two kinds of sugar into a fluffy, thick mass.
- Add finely grated carrot. Stir.
- Add flour sifted with baking powder and cinnamon. Then, add the chopped walnuts and combine.
- Cover a ring (16 cm | 6.29 inches) with foil along the bottom, put a circle of baking paper inside the ring. Transfer the dough and place it on the oven rack.
- Bake in a preheated to 347F | 175C oven for about 30 minutes until the skewer comes out clean.
- Cool the cake without taking it out of the ring.
- Using a whisk, mix the cream cheese with eggs, sugar, and coconut paste until homogeneous.
- Pour in heavy cream, stir.
- Pour the cheese mixture onto the cake, and place it on the middle oven rack, top/bottom heat. Place a baking tray with water on the lower rack.
- Bake the cheesecake at 239F | 115C for 1 hour 45 minutes.
- When ready, let the cheesecake cool in the oven, then place it in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, remove from the ring (run a thin knife around the edge and gently lift the ring).
The ratio of nuts:sugar is 2:1.
- Prepare a silicone mat in advance. Work only with a spatula.
- Heat walnuts in the oven at 122F | 50C.
- In a heavy-bottomed pan, melt the sugar over medium heat. Do not stir until 30% of the granules remain.
- As soon as the sugar melts and takes on a caramel color, add the warm walnuts and stir quickly, so the caramel covers all sides of the nuts. At first, when stirring, the caramel will be stringy. The candied walnuts are done as soon as the caramel becomes smooth and the temperature equalizes.
- Transfer them to a silicone mat, spreading evenly, cool.
- Separate the clumped nuts. Decorate the cheesecake.