Christmas yeast cake
This cake is a perfect combination of Stollen and a fruitcake. Such a "hybrid" is definitely worth trying! Surprise your family and friends with such a Christmas delicacy!
Explore full recipe
Dough making (step 1)
- Sift 260g (9.15 oz) of flour into the mixer bowl. Add the sugar, yeast, spices and zest; mix with the paddle attachment at a low speed.
- Change the attachment to the Hook. Heat the water to 86-90F, and pour it into the flour mixture.
- Start kneading the dough at a low speed, gradually increasing it to medium.
- When the flour is completely combined with the water, knead the dough for another 3 minutes.
- Cover the bowl with a napkin, and put it in a warm place (better in the oven at 95F for 45-50 minutes). The dough should almost double in volume.
Dough making (step 2)
- Meanwhile, cut the butter into cubes, and leave it for the same time at room temperature.
- After the time has elapsed, sift the remaining flour into the bowl with the dough, add salt, and knead for a minute at a low speed until totally combined.
- Keep kneading at a medium speed, adding the pieces of butter to the dough.
- When all the butter is mixed in, add the dried fruits, nuts and chocolate. Knead the dough for another minute. Knead manually if necessary.