Sponge biscuit 16cm (6.30 inch)
All the ingredients must be at room temperature.
- Sift flour with baking powder and salt, mix well with a whisk.
- Whisk eggs with a mixer until the sugar has dissolved and white fluffy foam has formed. Add the dry ingredients in two steps. Stir them gently, from the middle to the edge, using a silicone spatula.
- Combine the oil and milk. Add about two tablespoons of batter to the milk and oil mixture. Combine. Pour into the dough. Combine once more.
- Pour the batter into the prepared ring. Bake for 35-45 minutes at 320°F (160°C), with top/bottom heating, until the inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the cake on a rack, wrap in clingfilm, and place in the fridge for 4-6 hours, better overnight. Cut it into two parts.
No-bake cherry cheesecake 16cm (6.30 inch)
- Prepare the gelatin mass: pour water on gelatin powder, stir, and put in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Combine room temperature cream cheese with sugar using a silicone spatula. Mix until homogeneous, add cream. Combine. Add melted gelatin mixture and mix. Add the cherry puree, stir.
- Place the cheesecake in a ring and leave it in the fridge for 3 to 4 hours.
- Combine the sugar and cornstarch.
- Cut the cherries into four pieces, place in a saucepan with a thick bottom over low heat. Gradually add the sugar mixed with cornstarch and bring to a boil, stirring. Boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from stove. Transfer to a flat container. Cover with cling film. Let cool and put in a fridge.
Frosting for assembling
- Put the cream cheese, cream, and powdered sugar into a bowl. Start mixing at low speed, then gradually raise it until the consistency of the icing is firm.
- Then mix with a silicone spatula to release any extra air bubbles. Transfer to a disposable pastry bag.
Frosting for decorating
- Put the cream cheese, cream, and powdered sugar into a bowl and beat on low speed at first. Increase the mixer speed. Whisk until the icing has a firm consistency.
- Then mix with a silicone spatula. Transfer to a disposable pastry bag.
Combine the ingredients in a saucepan with a thick bottom, bring it to a boil. The soaking must be warm.
Follow such an assembling order: cake layer/milk soaking/frosting side/cherry sauce/icing/cherry cheesecake/frosting/frosting side/cherry sauce/milk soaking/cake layer.