8.25 fl oz
4.95 fl oz
3.96 fl oz
vanilla sugar or vanilla paste / extract
lemon zest (lime/orange/tangerine)
You will need:⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Flour - 250 g | 8.80 oz
- Yolk - 4 pcs
- Sugar - 140-160 g (to taste) | 5.30 oz
- Butter - 120 g | 4.25 oz
- Vanilla sugar or vanilla paste / extract - to taste
- Baking powder - 2 tsp
- Zest from 1 lemon (can be replaced with lime, orange or tangerine)
- Whip the butter at a room temperature with sugar until whitening.
- Add the yolks one by one and keep whipping until fluffy.
- Add the zest and stir.
- Gradually add the sifted flour with the baking powder and knead the soft, non-sticky dough (you may need a little more or less flour).
- Place the dough in a bag or cling film and put it in the fridge for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Roll out the cooled dough into a layer 5 mm (0.2 inch) thick (if the dough is still sticky, you can add a little flour). You can do this right away on the parchment. If you have a textured rolling pin, you can use it as well.
- Cut the cookies out with the help of a glass or special cuttings molds.
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 180-200C (356 to 392F)
- Bake cookies for about 10 minutes, until golden brown, do not overdo it!
- The cookies can be stored in a tight package for 1.5 to 2 weeks, even after a week they remains crumbly!