Tea cake with apples, cinnamon and bergamot
This cake is very quick and easy to make. Optionally, part of the flour can be replaced with almond flour, some sugar - with maple syrup, and olive oil with butter.
Explore full recipe
Prepare the baking tin by wrapping the bottom with foil.
Cut the apples (with peel) into pieces.
Make the dough:
- Beat the eggs with sugar until firm foam.
- Add sifted flour mixed with baking powder and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Add olive oil, vanilla extract, and combine until a uniform and smooth.
- Combine it all with cooled strained tea.
- Add the apples to the dough, and pour the mass into the baking tin.
- Bake the cake at 356F (180C) for 40-45 minutes until a dry toothpick.
- Decorate the cooled tea cake with whipped cream and apple chips.