water for coffee
- Lightly roast the walnuts, cool and chop with a rolling pin or with a knife.
- Wash the raisins, and dry with a napkin.
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces.
- Beat softened butter with sugar and salt.
- Add the egg, and keep beating until smooth.
- Dissolve the coffee in hot water, and add to the bulk.
- Separately sift flour with cinnamon and baking powder.
- Gradually add the flour mixture, stirring each time until smooth.
- At the end add nuts, chocolate and raisins.
- Divide the dough into 2 parts, and form two "sausages".
- Spread them on parchment, and bake at 356F (180C) for 25-30 minutes until a dry toothpick.
- Let the finished product cool for 5-7 minutes, and cut each "sausage" into slices 1-1.5cm thick.
- Bake the resulting croutons back in the oven for another 10 minutes (5 minutes on each side).
- Let biscotti cool completely, and enjoy!