We would like to share a recipe for an airy marshmallow cake with amazing cherry flavor.
This cake contains of three ingredients: cherry jam, Red Velvet sponge biscuit and cherry marshmallow.
The calculation is for a cake with diameter of 19 cm (7.5 inch).
- Mix the cherry puree and sugar in a saucepan, and bring the mass o a boil; cook for 5 minutes.
- In a different container, mix the water and agar; warm it up, and let the agar swell.
- Transfer the agar to the boiling cherry puree, and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Cool the jam.
Red Velvet sponge biscuit
- Mix the flour with cocoa, baking powder and baking soda.
- Dissolve the food coloring in the buttermilk.
- Whip the sugar with butter and a pinch of salt until white; then add the egg and the vegetable oil.
- Add the dry ingredients and the buttermilk to the whipped mass in several passes.
- Bake the sponge cake in the oven at 180C (356F) for 30 to 35 minutes. The diameter of the sponge cake is 17 cm (6.7 inch).
- Heat the puree in the microwave until it boils.
- Whisk the hot puree and the sugar at a low speed (stir the ingredients).
- Add the egg whites in two passes, and gradually increase the mixer speed.
- Whisk until firm peaks.
- Warm up the water, the juice and the agar until the latter swells.
- Add the sugar, and cook until 110C (230F).
- Pour the syrup into the well-whipped puree in a thin stream at a maximum mixer speed.
- After pouring the syrup, whip for 30 seconds.
- Transfer the mass to a pastry bag, and start assembling the cake.
- Assemble the cake in a ring mold (with a diameter of 19 cm | 7.5 inch); pre-grease the ring with the flavorless vegetable oil, or lay it with an acetate film.
- First, place a sponge biscuit, and cover it with a part of the marshmallow mass; place the confiture, and cover it with the remaining marshmallow mass on top. Don't forget to leave some marshmallows for cake decoration.
This cherry marshmallow cake turns out to be tender and juicy.