This delicate cake with a cherry hint and a gentle custard, with honey and chocolate flavors, will simply conquer you and will be an excellent guest at any holiday!
- 130 g butter | 4.60 oz
- 200 g sugar | 7.05 oz
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder / baking soda
- 90 g honey | 3.15 oz
- 400 g flour | 14.10 oz
- 60 g cocoa | 2.10 oz
- Mix the butter with sugar and honey, and put them in a water bath.
- Heat until the sugar and honey get completely dispersed in the mass.
- Separately, whisk the eggs in a bowl and add them to the honey mass in the bath, while whisking intensively.
- Then add the baking soda and the baking powder and stir with a whisk, the blend will get white, fluffy and increase in volume, it will take from 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add the sifted cocoa flour and knead the dough (do this with a hook attachment in the mixer bowl). The dough will be very soft, wrap it in foil and put it in the fridge for an hour, it will become stable enough and easy to roll out.
- Preheat the oven to 180C (356F). Divide the dough into 15 parts and bake the cake layers with a diameter of 16 cm (6.3 inch).You can change the diameter and reduce the number of cakes, if you wish. You can roll out an approximate circle quite thinly and after baking immediately cut off an even circle, because the shape is deformed while baking and you will not see the same size! You will need the trimmings for the crumb decoration!
- frozen cherries 200 g | 7.05 oz
- sugar 50 g | 1.75 oz
- pectin NH 4 g | 0.15 oz
- lemon juice 1 tbsp
- butter 50 g | 1.75 oz
- Punch the cherry with a blender and heat up to 40С (104F).
- Mix the sugar with pectin and pour into cherries in a thin stream, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice at the end.
- Cool to 30C (86F) and whisk the softened butter in.
- Cover the custard with a plastic wrap and put it in the fridge.
- curd (cream) cheese 350 g | 12.35 oz
- cream 33% 250 g | 8.80 oz
- dark chocolate 100 g | 3.55 oz
- Put the cheese and cream together in a bowl and start whipping at a low speed of the mixer until combining, then increase the speed until the cream is whipped into a fluffy mass.
- Add the melted chocolate without stopping whipping.
Soak the first cake layer with the chocolate custard, put the second layer and grease it with the cherry custard. You can make two layers of chocolate cream, and one of a cherry custard. If you want more cherries, you can alternate, then you need to increase the amount of the cherry custard.