Today I’m going to share with you this amazing chiffon cake recipe that is also very versatile.
The name sounds a little intimidating, but this biscuit is actually rather easy to make - as long as you follow the instructions carefully and do not overwhip the mixture!
Very tender and airy, it goes extremely well with different soaking syrups just like the ones we used to have in our childhood 🎂
The calculation in the recipe is for 2 18cm (7.10 inch) baking molds.
Baking pans should be lined with baking paper, without any greasing.
- Combine the egg whites together with sugar (add it gradually); then whip the mixture until you get a stiff meringue consistency.
- Start adding the egg yolks one by one, without stopping whipping. Once all of them have been added, your mixture should become very fluffy yet stable in consistency.
- Combine the flour and the starch, and then add it to the mixture in 2-3 passes: pour in the ⅓, then fold it into the egg mixture without mixing. just move your spatula in one direction as if tucking the ingredients into each other. Do the same with the rest of the dry mixture.
- Always remember to check the bottom and the middle of your cake mixture - these are the places where flour gathers the most!!!
- Bake the sponge at 180C (356F) until done.
- While baking, the cake should still remain quite light in color, without going golden brown.