This wonderful cake is a perfect combination of spicy sponge biscuit, vanilla custard ice and caramel. The natural pumpkin taste is not strongly marked. Don’t you think it's delicious?
Pumpkin biscuit ingredients
For the pumpkin biscuit:
- Eggs 2 pcs | 2.00 items
- Pumpkin puree 120 g | 4.25 oz
- Vegetable oil 90 g | 3.15 oz
- Sugar 130 g | 4.60 oz
- Flour 160 g | 5.65 oz
- Buttermilk or yogurt 50 g | 1.75 oz
- Cinnamon 1 tsp | 1.00 tsp
- Walnuts 30 g | 1.05 oz
- Baking powder 1 tsp | 1.00 tsp
Pumpkin biscuit cooking
- All the ingredients should be at room temperature.
- Peel the pumpkin, and warm it in the microwave until soft (or bake it in the oven). Squeeze out the excess liquid, and mash the pumpkin with a blender until smooth. Mix it with the buttermilk and the butter.
- Mix the eggs with sugar. Add the liquid, and stir.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder, and sift them.
- Mix everything, and pour the mass into a 16 cm (6.3 inch) mold, wrapped in foil.
- Bake the biscuit in the oven, preheated to 170C (338F) for 50 minutes until dry skewer.
- Remove the finished biscuit from the mold, and turn it upside down.
- Refrigerate the sponge biscuit for 6 hours.
For the custard, you will need:
- Sour cream 15-20% 300 g | 10.60 oz
- Egg 1 pc | 1.00 item
- Sugar 90 g | 3.15 oz
- Corn starch 20 g | 0.70 oz
- Vanilla | 0.00 to taste
- Butter 150 g | 5.30 oz
- Mix all the ingredients in a saucepan (except for butter). Stir the mass, and place it on a medium heat.
- Bring the mass to a boil, stirring with a whisk.
- Cool it in a different container.
- Whip the soft butter, and add the cream in several passes. Combine.
Take the next ingredients:
- Sugar 120 g | 4.25 oz
- Cream 33% 70 g | 2.45 oz
- Butter 15 g | 0.55 oz
- Melt the sugar in a saucepan over a medium heat; when most part of sugar melts, you can stir it with a spatula.
- Add the hot cream, and boil it for a couple of minutes. Add the soft butter. Cool the caramel down.
- Cut the sponge biscuit into three cake layers.
- Cover each biscuit layer with the custard and some caramel.
- Cover the cake top with the custard. Decorate the cake at your discretion.