- Place the egg whites at room temperature in a clean dry bowl, and start whipping.
- First, at a low mixer speed, bring the whites to the state of beer foam.
- Then, in parts, one spoon at a time, add the sugar, and keep whipping.
- When all the sugar has been added, add the lemon juice, and keep whipping until smooth and fluffy.
- At the end, add the cornstarch, and mix gently.
- Spread the meringue on parchment. Try to do it as evenly as possible, and sprinkle with cocoa on top.
- Bake the meringue at 150-160C for about 30 minutes.
- Cover with a second sheet of parchment paper, carefully flip over, and let it cool.
Cherry & walnuts filling
- Defrost the frozen cherries, drain the water, and puree the berries with a blender.
- Add the sugar and cornstarch to the puree, and mix.
- Put the mix on the heat, and cook over a medium heat, stirring, until thickened.
- Set the mass aside, cover with cling film, and let it cool.
- Fry the walnuts in a pan, and cool. Chop into medium-sized pieces.
- For the cream, melt the chocolate in the microwave in pulses.
- Combine the cold cream, cream cheese and powdered sugar in a bowl, and whip until smooth.
- Add the chocolate, and stir.
- Spread the cream over the meringue.
- Place the cherry filling in a pastry bag, and squeeze evenly in rows, making small gaps.
- Sprinkle the walnuts on top of the filling.
- Gently roll the meringue into a tight roll, and place it in the fridge to stabilize for several hours.