- Combine the dry ingredients: flour, coconut flakes, baking powder and starch, and mix with a whisk.
- Whip the eggs with sugar until fluffy.
- Stir in the dry ingredients with a spatula.
- Pour the batter into two rings (16cm | 6.30 inch each), and bake for 30-40 minutes at 356F (180C).
Vanilla & coconut mousse
- Combine the milk, yolks and sugar. Heat until thickened.
- Soak the gelatin. After swelling, add it to the yolk mixture.
- Add vanilla seeds, and mix until smooth.
- Whip the cream.
- Combine the coconut puree and mascarpone, and mix until smooth. Add the custard, and then the whipped cream.
Assemble the cake right away, alternating coconut biscuit (cut in half) and mousse.