- Combine the butter, sugar and honey in a saucepan, and heat until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add baking soda, and whisk actively - the mass will increase and foam.
- Remove the mass from the heat. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well with a whisk each time.
- Add the flour, and mix with a spoon. You will end up with a fairly liquid sticky dough.
- Now you have several options. You can simply pour all this dough at a time on a baking sheet and you will get a large plump cake that can be cut into 4 parts. Or, you can divide the dough into two baking sheets and you will get thin cakes like for a regular honey cake.
- For the first option, bake the pastry at 392F (200C) for 12 minutes. Then cut out 6 cakes with a diameter of 11cm (4.35 inch).
Combine all the components, and whip until smooth.
- Mash the cherries with a blender. Mix with sugar, and bring to a boil.
- Dilute the starch with a small amount of water, and pour it into the cherry mass. Mix vigorously, and boil until thickened.
- Cool the mass.
Follow such an assembly order: honey cake - the cream - cherry filling - honey cake, etc.