Imagine a hot summer day… There is a bouquet of flavors in the air, and an apple stands out among them. It is so sweet that you literally feel its honey taste on your tongue!
Have you imagined? If you want to taste it right now, then try to cook this pie! It will fill your home with an incredible flavor!
The calculation it the recipe is for a 4-layered 24 cm (9.45 inch) pie, or for a 5-layered 18 cm (7 inch) pie.
- Mix the semolina, the sugar, the flour and the baking powder.
- Peel the apples and grate them (or chop finely). Add the cinnamon if you wish.
- Divide the dry mixture into 5 parts; divide the apples into 4 parts.
- Wrap the bottom of the mold (18 cm | 7 inch) with foil and alternate the layers (dry mix - apples - dry mix - apples – dry mix - apples - dry mix - apples – dry mix). Rub the cold butter on top.
- Bake the pie at 170C (338F) for about 1 hour 30 minutes. Cover it with foil on top if necessary.
- Cool the pie completely and remove it from the mold.