4.29 fl oz
2.97 fl oz
2.31 fl oz
flour of the first grade
9.90 fl oz
14.85 fl oz
You will need (for three small pies, 6 inch in diameter):
- 130 g butter | 4.60 oz
- 90 g sour cream | 3.15 oz
- 70 g cane sugar | 2.45 oz
- a pinch of vanilla | 1.00 pinch
- 1 tsp. cinnamon | 1.00 tsp
- 300 g of first grade flour | 10.60 oz
- 1/3 tsp. baking soda | 1.00 tsp
- 450 g sweet pears | 15.85 oz
- Melt 4.40 oz of butter, then cool it until a little warm. Add all the sour cream, sugar, baking soda and vanilla. Then, add flour and knead a soft dough.
- Cut the pears into slices 0.2 inch (don’t forget to remove the core). Divide the dough into three parts. Roll each piece of dough into a circle 0.2 inch thick. Put the pear wedges on the dough, 0.8 inch back from the borders.
- Put 5 oz of butter on every cake, spreading it over the pears. Sprinkle the cinnamon on the pears. You may also sprinkle sugar over the pears if you wish. Wrap up the edges of the dough to the center, over the pears.
- Bake at 415F in a preheated oven until golden brown.
- The cooled pies may be sprinkled with some powdered sugar.