hazelnut flour (homemade)
The calculation in the recipe is for a 24cm (9.45 inch) galette.
- Mix the butter, flour, powdered sugar and salt until crumbs; add an egg, and knead the dough.
- Wrap the dough lump with film, and rplace it in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours.
Clean the rhubarb. Soak in syrup for several hours, and cut into 3-4cm (1.20-1.60 inch) sticks.
- Beat the butter with sugar until fluffy; add an egg, and beat again.
- Add hazelnut flour, starch and alcohol. Mix until combined.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of 3mm (0.12 inch).
- Apply hazelnut cream, leaving 3-3.5cm (1.20-1.40 inch) around the edge.
- Spread the rhubarb sticks, close the edges, and bake the galette at 347F (175C) for 35 minutes (sprinkle with cane sugar before baking).