- In a bowl, mix flour, cottage cheese and chilled butter pieces. Stir quickly by hand to dissolve the pieces of butter.
- Add 1 egg, salt and mix gently. You don’t need to knead for a long time, otherwise the dough will turn out tight when baking.
- Gather the dough into a ball, wrap with cling film and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight. If the dough does not come together well, add a little flour.
- Roll out the dough between two sheets of baking paper into a circle with a diameter of 30-35cm.
- Cut the apricots in half, remove the pits. Put the apricots in the middle of the dough cut up, leaving 4-6cm around the edges. Fold over the edges.
- Beat the second egg with cream and brush the edges of the galette with a brush.
- Sprinkle apricots and edges of biscuits with cane sugar.
- Bake the galette in the oven preheated to 338F (170C) for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. 5-7 minutes before being ready, sprinkle the biscuit with almond petals.