rum / baileys
boiled condensed milk
- Whip the eggs with sugar until a stable foam, for at least 10 minutes. Melt the chocolate and butter. Add it to the eggs, and mix gently.
- Separately mix the flour, baking powder and cocoa. Add the dry ingredients to the liquid part, and mix everything gently from the bottom to the top.
- Pour the dough into a greased mold (I have a diameter of 20cm | 7.87 inch), and bake it for 50-60 minutes at 320F (160C). Check the readiness with a toothpick.
- Remove the biscuit from the mold, and let it cool.
- Wrap the cooled biscuit with cling film, and leave it in the fridge overnight.
- Bring the water to a boil, and add the sugar.
- Boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- Cool the liquid to room temperature. Add the Baileys / rum. Mix.
Chocolate TAFITA cream
- Bring the cream to a boil (don't boil), and pour it over the chocolate. Stir until smooth, and let the mass cool to room temperature. Whip with a mixer.
- Whip the softened butter and condensed milk, add the chocolate mass, and mix well.
* All the ingredients must be at room temperature.
- Cut the finished sponge biscuit horizontally into 3 cake layers.
- Soak all the layers.
- Assemble the cake in the mold in which it was baked, and refrigerate for 5-7 hours. Leave part of the cream for coating and decorating.
- Remove the finished cake from the mold, coat with the remaining cream, and decorate to your taste. I added marshmallows and sprinkled with cocoa.