- Whip the room temperature butter with sugar, the mass should brighten and increase. Add the eggs one at a time, and stir.
- Sift the flour, knead with a spatula until smooth.
- Transfer the batter to a baking tin, and bake at 356F (180C) for 15-20 minutes. Check the readiness with a skewer, it should be dry.
- Leave the biscuit to cool without taking it out of the tin.
- Cut the cooled sponge into 2 parts.
- Start whipping cold cream at low speed (for 2 minutes). Then gradually increase the speed, and add the powdered sugar. The mass should become denser.
- Add the mascarpone (or cream cheese), and mix until combined - literally a minute, do not knead for a long time!
- Soak the sponge layers, and grease with cream.
- Let the finished dessert stand in the fridge for 1 hour, and decorate with cocoa before serving.