high-fat dairy cream
- Whip the eggs with sugar until fluffy. Heat a cup with honey and baking soda in a water bath.
- The mass will brighten and foam. Leave to cool to room temperature, then add to the whipped eggs. Sift dry ingredients and use a spatula to mix into the sweet mixture. Bake at 170 °C (340 °F) for 40-60 minutes. Cake pan 18-20 cm in diameter. The time depends on the oven, when 40 minutes passes check for a dry toothpick.
- All the ingredients must be cold. Whip cream and powdered sugar until peak, add cream cheese, whip until smooth and add mascarpone cheese. Whip again for a couple of minutes.
- Soak steamed prunes for half an hour in 3 tbsp/l of brandy, rum or almond liqueur. Roast nuts and grind.
- Combine everything, except the nuts, and simmer for about 10 minutes over low heat until caramel color and a gummy state. Fry the nuts, put on a baking paper and cover with caramel. Break the cooled brittle into pieces and crush the required amount into crumbs.
- Cut the sponge cake into three layers, soak each one with the honey syrup (100 ml of boiled water + 1 tbsp/l of honey).
- Cut the prunes into pieces and put them on the cream together with nuts and brittle crumbs.
- The taste of the cake depends on the quality of prunes, choose the best one. Be sure to check prunes carefully so that no there are no seeds in them.
- Leftover brittle are perfectly stored in the fridge in an airtight container.
- You may wonder why there are nuts and brittle (roasted candied nuts). Regular nuts will get a little soaked, and the brittle will stay crunchy.