Spectacular and incredibly delicious - that's how you can describe these buns. They are frequent guests at the holidays. I will say in advance - the pumpkin does not taste in any way, and the color drives you crazy!
- 160 g pumpkin puree (take raw pumpkin 200-250 gr) | 5.65 oz
- 120 g milk | 4.25 oz
- 6-7 g dry yeast | 0.25 oz
- 100 g sugar | 3.55 oz
- 85 g butter | 3.00 oz
- 1 egg
- 440 g flour (maybe a little more) | 15.50 oz
- 1/2 tsp salt
- vanilla essence to taste
- 150 g sugar | 5.30 oz
- 15 g cinnamon | 0.55 oz
- 70 g butter | 2.45 oz
The cream coating:
- 230 g cream (curd) cheese | 8.10 oz
- 70-90 g powdered sugar | 2.80 oz
- 30 g heavy cream 33-35% | 1.05 oz
- Mush the pumpkin in a saucepan / frying pan with a little water. You need a smooth puree (mush it with a blender and rub through a sieve).
- Heat the butter and milk in the microwave (do not boil the milk). Pour the milk and the butter into a large bowl, add sugar, yeast, salt, egg and cooled puree. Whip and add the flour. ⠀
- Knead the dough in a planetary mixer using the "hook" mode for 5 to 7 minutes. Cover with the cling film and leave for about 1 to 1.5 hours. ⠀
- Once the dough has risen well, take it out and roll it out in a form of a rectangle about 0.2 inch thick, or you can also divide the dough into 2 parts. Spread the soft butter on the dough; mix the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle the mixture on the dough.
- Roll up and cut into pieces of 0.8 to 1.6 inch (as you like). Spread the buns on a baking sheet with parchment at a distance of about 0.8 inch from each other. Bake the Cinnabons at 356F for 30 to 40 minutes!
- Mix all the cream ingredients with a fork / spatula. Take the warm Cinnabons out from the oven; in 3 minutes grease them with the cream coating.