Well, first of all, it's delicious!
It can be beautifully packaged and gifted!
You can also use it to make a super delicious cake interlayer!
- Cut 2 oranges into 5mm (0.2 inch) slices.
- Pour the water into a saucepan (so that it can cover the oranges on top), and bring it to a boil; place the chopped oranges in it, and cook for 3 minutes. Drain the water from the saucepan, and transfer the boiled oranges to a colander so that all the liquid drains.
- Pour 150 g (5.30 oz) of water into a saucepan, and add 300 g (10.60 oz) of sugar; bring the mix to a boil, and dissolve the sugar completely.
- Place the orange slices in the solution. Cook it for 1 hour over a low heat.
- Take out the orange slices, and place them on a wire rack; drain off the excess liquid.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper, and lay out the oranges. Dry the slices in the oven at 90C (194F) for 1 hour.
- Let the slices cool. Dip the oranges in chocolate, and put them on the parchment.