Hello, everybody! We have a new recipe for you!
It will tell you how to cook sweet donuts for cake decoration. These are not the ordinary donuts, but the baked ones.
No excess fat! No yeast dough!
You can cook these donuts in silicone molds!
They are small, cute and perfect as a separate "dessert"; but they are also perfect for decorating cakes and even cupcakes! You've probably seen these funky donut “caps” designs! These ones have the perfect size!
You will need:
- 1 egg (at room temperature) | 1.00 item
- 55 g butter | 1.95 oz
- 75 g powdered sugar | 2.65 oz
- 195 g flour | 6.90 oz
- 100 ml milk | 3.40 fl oz
- 1 tsp vanilla extract | 1.00 tsp
- 0.5 tsp baking soda | 1.00 tsp
- a pinch of salt | 0.00 pinch
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Whip the softened butter with the powdered sugar until lightness; add the egg and vanilla extract, and whip at a low speed a little more!
- Next, add a part of the dry ingredients to the mixture, and then some milk. It will turn out like this: dry-milk-dry-milk-dry.
- At this point, the dough can be colored if you want to add some brightness!
- Transfer all the dough into a pastry bag, and fill the molds with thin "rings" of dough. Don’t overdo it, otherwise the hole will disappear.
- Bake the donuts in the oven at 180C (356F) for about 18 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
The dough behaves well, but you better to have 2 molds, and bake all the donuts at once. The calculation in the recipe is for 16-20 donuts.
You can even eat the donuts just like this; it will be delicious! The donuts will taste better when glazed. You can use the white chocolate ganache. It’s very fluid, with a good amount of cream. You can cover the donuts even with a mirror glaze; it's a matter of taste!