Tall chocolate honey cake
This recipe will become your favorite!
Explore full recipe
- Melt the chocolate together with butter in a hot water bath or in the microwave, then mix thoroughly with a spatula.
- Add one tablespoon of refined vegetable oil and mix until fully combined. Check the consistency of the mixture: if your glaze is not runny enough, add one more tablespoon of vegetable oil and mix one more time.
- Once the glaze is ready, transfer it to a disposable piping bag and leave it to cool to room temperature.
Decorating the cake
- Once the cake has chilled, remove it from the fridge and place it onto a cake turntable. Make a little opening at the tip of your piping bag (0,2-0,3 cm (0.10-0.12 inch))
- Slowly turning the turntable, start pouring the chocolate glaze onto the edges of the cake so that it would drizzle down its sides.
- If you want, you can also make every third/fourth drizzle longer by putting more chocolate glaze in this particular spot, so that every fourth/fifth chocolate glaze line is longer than the previous ones.
- Top the cake with a sprig of fresh or frozen berries, or with any other decoration of choice.