- Divide the eggs into whites and yolks.
- Whip the whites with a pinch of salt until "beer foam"; add sugar #1 and, increasing the mixer speed, whip until stable peaks.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder.
- Whip the yolks with sugar #2 until light; carefully add it to the whipped whites.
- Add the milk and vegetable oil, and mix gently.
- At the end, add the flour mixture, and mix again.
- Spread the dough on a sheet of parchment, and bake at 320F (160C) for about 20 minutes until a dry toothpick.
- Cover the finished sponge biscuit with a sheet of parchment, turn it over, remove the parchment, and let it cool.
Heat the jam to a liquid consistency, and evenly apply it to the sponge biscuit.
Combine the cold cream, powdered sugar and mascarpone, and whip until homogeneous.
Spread the cream over the jam, and roll up the sponge roll. Place it in the fridge for several hours to soak and set.
You can sprinkle the finished roll with powdered sugar on top or make a chocolate mesh.