The calculation in the recipe is for one 14*18cm shortcake. BUT the sponge calculation is for a 32*38cm baking dish. The leftovers can be put into the freezer by wrapping it with a film.
If you want to use the whole biscuit, you need to increase the amount of cream and berries by 2 times.
- Beat the eggs and sugar until fluffy.
- Then gradually add the yolks while continuing to beat.
- Sift flour, starch, cocoa, add salt and gently fold into the sugar-egg mixture.
- Pour the mass onto a baking dish covered with baking paper and bake at 374F (190C) for 10-12 minutes.
- Combine 120g of sugar with 40g of water, boil over medium heat to 245F (118C). Meanwhile, beat the yolks.
- Brew the whipping yolks in a thin stream, leave to beat until the mass cools completely, combine with the extract.
- Separately, beat the mascarpone and cream until stiff peaks and combine with the brewed yolk.
- Wash the berries, cut in half, mix with 100g of sugar, let stand for 30 minutes.
- Dilute the released juice in half with water, let it boil, cool and soak the sponge.
- Dry the berries cut down at 374F (190C) for 20 minutes.
- Soak the sponge with juice, apply cream, one layer of strawberries, then repeat.
- Cover the top with cling film and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove the film before serving.