- Bake the pumpkin for puree in the oven or microwave until soft, and then mash with a blender.
- Beat the eggs with sugar; combine the puree with oil, and add to the eggs.
- Mix the flour with baking powder, and add to the main mass. Stir so that there are no lumps.
- Baked the sponge in 3 rings with a diameter of 16cm (6.30 inch) at 338F (170C) for about 35 minutes. Check the readiness with a skewer.
- You can use tins of a different diameter. Then adjust the baking time.
Such a sponge cake tastes best with a custard or cream cheese, caramel, walnuts, oranges, caramelized apples or canned peaches.