whole wheat flour
nuts or chocolate drops
turmeric for color
- Mash the bananas and milk in a blender. Add the coconut sugar, vanilla, and grape seed oil, and mix.
- Gradually add the sieved flour and baking powder to the wet ingredients. Knead the dough. Transfer about 1/3 of the dough and to a separate bowl.
- Add the cocoa powder and salt to the larger piece of the dough. If desired, add chopped nuts.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon, chocolate drops, and 1/3 tsp of turmeric to the smaller part. Knead the dough.
- Line a baking dish with parchment and gradually spoon out the dark and light dough, one at a time.
- Bake in a preheated to 338°F (170°C) oven until the inserted toothpick comes out dry. Baking time depends on the size of the mold. Author: I baked for 35 minutes and left it in the oven for another 5 minutes.
The bread is moist, dense, and moderately sweet.
Excellent with chocolate caramel!