dry active yeast
- Start by making a sourdough of yeast, 1 tbsp sugar, and milk (104F | 40C). Mix well, cover with cling film and leave in a warm place for 10 minutes. (If it rose well, continue to work. If the yeast only foamed a little, you should begin again with another yeast.)
- Using a hook attachment, combine all the dry ingredients: flour, salt, vanilla, sugar, starch, cinnamon.
- Add the sourdough, vegetable oil, and applesauce.
- Mix the dough for 4-5 minutes, then cover the bowl with cling film and put it in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Roll out the balls and spread them out on a greased parchment. Cover with cling film and leave for another 30 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan, fry each doughnut until lightly browned on both sides, and spread them on parchment paper.
- Then roll the doughnuts with sugar and cinnamon, put on a baking tray lined with parchment, and bake at 73F | 160-170C, Top/Bottom heating for 10-15 minutes.
- Cool the doughnuts and fill them with jam, jelly, ganache, or custard.