We would like to share a recipe for bright and aromatic lemon cookies, which will be a great alternative to the Red Velvet (if you are a fan of colorful desserts).
Bake them, and stay positive! And, of course, take care of yourself!
P. S. Vanilla extract in recipe can be replaced with the same amount of vanilla sugar.
- Combine the butter with sugar, vanilla and lemon extracts in a large bowl, and whip with a mixer on a high speed for 3 to 4 minutes, until light and airy. Add the eggs, the lemon zest, the lemon juice and the yellow food coloring in turn, and mix until smooth.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the flour mixture to the liquid ingredients, and stir until combined.
- Cover the dough with a plastic wrap, and refrigerate it for at least 4 hours (better overnight).
- Preheat the oven to 180C (356F). Line a baking sheet with the baking paper.
- Form the balls out of the chilled dough (you can use an ice cream spoon); roll them first in sugar, and then in the powdered sugar. Place the balls on a baking sheet at a distance of about 5 to 7 cm (1.9 to 2.7 inch) from each other.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 9 to 13 minutes. The cookie should remain light (the top may even feel soft and undercooked). Cool the finished cookies first for about 10 minutes on a baking sheet, and then place them on a wire rack. Let the cookies cool completely.