You will need (it turns out about 80 pieces):
- 175 g soft butter | 6.15 oz
- 100 g powdered sugar | 3.55 oz
- 20 g vanilla sugar | 0.70 oz
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp rum
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 125 g ground almonds | 4.40 oz
- 200 g flour | 7.05 oz
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 80 g unsalted peanuts | 2.80 oz
- Whip the butter with the powdered sugar, yolk, rum and cinnamon with a mixer in a bowl. Add cocoa, ground almonds, and mix everything. Add flour and baking powder to the dough. Mix everything once again and form a ball from the resulting mass. Send the dough for 45 minutes to the fridge.
- Cover the baking sheet with parchment paper. Sprinkle the working surface with flour; take the dough out of the fridge. Make so-called "sausages" out of the dough about the thickness of a finger. Cut off 2 inch from the "sausage". Press the dough with thumbs and forefingers on both sides of the center. And put the resulting diamonds on a baking sheet.⠀
- Preheat the oven to 356F. Whip the egg whites with a fork, take the peanuts, immerse each one in the whites, and then "press" it in the center of your cookies. Place the baking sheet in the middle of the oven for 14 minutes. That is it! The nut cookies are ready!