warm water (up to 100 F | 38C)
condensed milk (chocolate, boiled, your choice)
dry poppy seeds
- Pour the yeast with warm water in a bowl where you will be kneading the dough. Cover with a towel and leave in a warm place.
- Put milk, sugar, and butter in a saucepan and heat until completely homogeneous. Remove from the stove. Then add the cooled mixture to yeast and eggs and mix it.
- Start to add the sifted flour and stir until homogeneous.
- Transfer the dough to the surface dusted with flour, and begin to knead it with your hands. The dough should become shiny and beautiful. Form a ball.
- Transfer the dough to a bowl greased with a small amount of oil (so that the dough does not stick to it when it grows). Cover with clingfilm and leave in a warm place for at least an hour. The dough will significantly rise to double its size.
- Roll out the dough as a rectangle, spread the condensed milk, and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Roll up, and cut lengthwise. Form a braid of two ends.
- Put something round and metal on a baking tray, for example, an empty condensed milk can. Wrap the brioche around it, pinching the edges together.
- Cover and leave the dough for about 15 minutes.
- Place it in a preheated to 347F | 175C oven and bake until browned. Author: I baked it for 45 minutes. When ready, I brushed the brioche with the condensed milk. It melted a little and formed a sugar crust.