For the dough:
- 2 eggs | 2.00 items
- 200 g sugar | 7.05 oz
- 100 g honey | 3.55 oz
- 120 g butter | 4.25 oz
- 480-500 g flour | 17.65 oz
- 1 tsp. baking soda | 1.00 tsp
- Mix the sugar with the honey, eggs, baking soda and the butter in a saucepan.
- Place the saucepan in a water bath, and bring the mixture to a light brown color stirring. You can melt the mixture in a water bath, and boil it until the sugar dissolves; bring it to the desired state. The mixture shouldn’t get deep brown!
- Cool it, and add the flour in several passes. The dough turns out smooth and elastic, like plasticine.
- Roll out the cake layers, with a thickness of 4-5 mm (0.2 inch). You can pierce them a little, or you can bake it just like that. A very neat bottom is obtained, if you use a perforated mat.
- Bake the cake layers at t 220C (428F) for 5 minutes.
- Cool the biscuits, and decorate them with the crème and berries.
This dough is also perfect for cookies.
For the crème:
- 350 g sour cream 30% | 12.35 oz
- 250 g cream cheese / mascarpone | 8.80 oz
- 80 g cream 33-35% | 2.80 oz
- 45 g powdered sugar | 1.60 oz
- Vanilla | 0.00 to taste
Mix all the ingredients, and whisk them with a mixer until smooth and light.