Let’s keep pampering ourselves and our loved ones with homemade cakes? Honestly, these cookies are delicious. Your loved ones will definitely appreciate the taste. This recipe is about 7 years old. The cookies are interesting, so you can involve the children in the cooking process. So, here's an interesting idea for you!
For the pastry:
- 2 yolks
- 170 g sugar + a little for sprinkling | 6.00 oz
- 150 g butter | 5.30 oz
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp "Limoncello" liquor
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp Matcha tea
- 300 - 350 g flour | 12.35 oz
For the decoration you will also need:
- carnation spices
- apple seeds
- Whip the soft butter with sugar, and add the yolks one by one. By the way, you can replace the sugar with powdered sugar, then the surface of the cookies will be smoother.
- Add the lemon zest and "Limoncello" liquor, and mix. Sift the flour and the baking powder; knead a soft dough. Separate one quarter from the total amount of dough.
- Add the Matcha tea to a quarter of the dough and knead well. You should not knead the shortbread dough for too long, so that the product is not rough after baking.
- Roll the light part of the dough into a cylinder. The green part of the dough should be rolled into a thin flat square (better place it between two layers of film, so it will be more convenient to roll the dough). The size of the square should correspond to the length and the diameter of the light dough.
- Remove the upper part of the film from the surface of the green dough. Place the light dough over the green dough. Wrap the light dough in the green one.
- Pour some sugar on the film and roll the cookie blank over it. Wrap it in foil and put in the cold for 60 minutes.
- Then, take the roll out of the cold, cut it into discs of 1 to 1.5 cm (0.4 to 0.6 inch). Slightly flatten each disc with your fingers.
- Make two dints on the opposite sides of the disc, to imitate an apple.
- Stick a clove on each side, and attach the seeds in the center. You can use real apple seeds for these cookies. You can also draw the seeds with melted chocolate or decorate as your imagination tells you.
- Place the cookies on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Bake in the oven preheated to 170C (338F) for 20 to 25 minutes.