Muffins (20 pieces)
- Wash the carrots, peel, and grate on a fine grater.
- Remove the zest from the orange, and squeeze the juice from the half of it.
- Finely chop the nuts with a knife or blender and fry in a dry frying pan, then immediately add 10 g of butter and salt, and mix.
- Whip the eggs with sugar until a fluffy light mass.
- Continue whipping, and pour in the oil.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and baking powder, and gradually add to the egg mixture, while whipping.
- Then add the juice of half an orange and the zest of a whole orange, and whip until smooth.
- Add the grated carrots and nuts. Mix everything well.
- Fill the molds with batter and bake in a preheated oven to 180C (390F) for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Wash the sea buckthorn berries; mash with a blender pass through a sieve.
- Whip the sugar and 150 g (5.20 oz) of butter at room temperature until smooth
- Add 150 g (5.00 oz) sea buckthorn puree and beat up again
- Add the eggs one at a time, whipping well each time.
- Put the bowl with the mass in a water bath, and heat until smooth, stirring constantly.
- Remove the bowl from the water bath, add 10 g (0.20 oz) of cornstarch; stir, then pour everything into a saucepan, and cook over a medium heat until thickened.
- Add 50 g (1.75 oz) of cold butter to the finished curd and stir until smooth.
- Pour in the rest 20 g (0.40 oz) sea-buckthorn puree and stir until smooth. To make sure the mass is perfectly smooth, pass it through a sieve, but I like to leave it as it is.
- Cover ithe curd with the cling film tightly, and leave to cool. Or transfer to sterile jars and store in the fridge.
Whip the butter and the cream cheese at room temperature with the powdered sugar.