- Pour the poppy seeds with boiling water and leave for 10 minutes, then fold into a sieve.
- Combine the buttermilk with baking soda.
- Beat the eggs with sugar, then add butter, flour with baking powder, stir. Pour in the buttermilk and at the very end add poppy seeds.
- Pour the batter into capsules, and bake at 356F (180C) for about 25 minutes.
- Combine the berries with the yolks, put over the heat, and warm a little,.
- Then add sugar and starch. Cook until thickened, and add butter.
- Combine the egg whites and sugar, and put in a water bath. Constantly stirring with a whisk, heat the mass to 140F (60C). By this time the sugar will completely dissolve
- Remove the whites from the bath, and start whipping with a mixer until stiff peaks.
- Without stopping to whip, add softened butter, literally a teaspoonful. Each time wait until it is completely combined, so add all the butter. The cream will be changing its texture. First it will be liquid, then it may exfoliate a little, but continue to whip, and the cream will acquire a silky texture, the whisk will leave a relief.
- Cut a piece from the muffin, and fill it with berry cream, and then immediately pipe a meringue cap.
- Decorate as desired.
* You better leave the cupcakes at room temperature after the fridge before serving.