- Melt the sugar in a saucepan until completely dissolved and amber in color.
- Meanwhile, heat the cream until the first bubbles, cut the butter into cubes.
- When the sugar is completely melted, remove the saucepan from the heat and add the butter, let it melt.
- Pour in the cream and put the mixture on a low heat, stirring, cook until the lumps are completely dissolved.
- Add salt, mix, if necessary. Strain if you wish.
- Leave the caramel to cool at room temperature and proceed to the dough.
- Beat the softened butter with sugar and salt, add the egg yolks one at a time while continuing to beat.
- Separately sift flour with baking powder.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and knead the dough.
- Spread the dough along the bottom of the baking mold (tin).
- Prick with a fork and put in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Bake in the oven preheated to 356F (180C) for about 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let it cool down.
Pour the caramel over the baked pastry and put it in the freezer for 20-30 minutes so that the caramel freezes.
- Melt milk chocolate in pulses in the microwave or in a water bath.
- If necessary, add vegetable oil until a fluid consistency is obtained, and pour the chocolate over the caramel.
Cut the finished blank into squares or rectangles. *Refrigerate a little before this step, if necessary.
Store the cookies in the fridge.
*To make the cookies more like bars, I first cut the cookies with caramel into thin rectangles, and then poured chocolate on the wire rack.